Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last day of School

I know, I know, I'm a couple of weeks behind. But I am trying to catch up...... Friday May 29th was Makayla's last day of kindergarten. And I have to say, I was a little sad about that. I was all excited and eager for her to start, but now that it's over, I am feeling a little unsure about this growing up thing. She's on to full days of school, playing on the "big kid" play ground, and homework every night. I know everyone says it, but man how time flies......
On her last day of school, all the kindergarten classes walked to the park for a pizza party and playground fun!! I was able to stop by with Gavin, who wanted no part of me, but instead ran around with Makayla's classmates. I guess he thinks he's ready for kindergarten.
Makayla and her two best friends from class, Haley and Isabella.
Makayla had fun putting the "treats" we had made for her friends into their cubby's.
It's official. Makayla is a kindergarten graduate, diploma and all! Unfortunately they did not have any type of ceremony, I remember my kinder graduation so well. I guess I'll have to wait a few more years for that.
I am so happy with the school Makayla is attending. I know she will have a great time there as a first grader, even though everyday she tells me how she wishes she was still in kindergarten. (no worries, she did the same thing this year about preschool)

No comments:

Post a Comment