Tuesday, December 15, 2009

5 months in 5 minutes (more or less)

So, some may wonder, "What ever happened to that nice Casper family? They had such wonderful blog entries. Full of wit and charm, not to mention those cute kids...." Well I'm here to say, wonder no longer, cause I'm back!! (For tonight anyway) My have the summer and fall been busy. I would love to spend hours on end catching up on all the wonderful things I have done, seen, and photographed, but lets face it, I'm just not that into it!!! So, how about a list? I'll use bullets and every thing..... here we go

July:
*Drove to Utah with Makayla, my friend Emily and her two kids.
- Visited my sis, Karen in Logan
- Fireworks, dinosaur park, four wheeling, shopping, Ice age 3, twine huts, swimming, fishing, gellato, horse back riding, hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs!
- Visited Christianne Casper (Jason's cousins wife... got it?)
- Movies in the theater room, way too much popcorn, glitter toes, laying out, permanent eyeliner done in front of a whole class.
*New Kids on the Block concert with Misty!!!! (and yes it rocked!!!)
*New Malones Lake for 5 days with the Collumbers. (lazy days on the boat, now that's a vacation!)
*Disneyland. Got home just in time for the next one on our list.....
*Makayla's first day of first grade. Yay for full days of school now!

August:
*Jason and his BFF Kurt ran a 50 mile race! And they survived!!!!
*Lots of boating!!

September:
*Rainbow Pools. Heck yes I jumped off that ginormous rock into the water!
*Gavin's first day of pre school. Awww, he's such a big boy now.
*Girls weekend in Tahoe!!!!!!
-Shopping at Galleria, s'mores at the village, snobby pilots, bike riding along the Truckee river, lots and lots of ice cream, tons of laughing, million dollar pizza, and maybe a little bit of gossip....
*Makayla starts soccer.

October:
*Disneyland. Love Halloween time there! (and any other time for that matter)
*Grandama Bergstrom's 90th birthday/ reunion.
-Wicked in S.F. with the girls, Karen here, family pictures, John's Incredible Pizza co., everyone at my place for Sunday dinner..... that's right, all 40 people at my lil casa, Apple Hill.
*Carving pumpkins, painting pumpkins, going to the pumpkin patch, (basically all things pumpkiny)
*Halloween (I will post pictures of my Corpse Bride and Dash shortly...... or not)

November:
*Decorating the Christmas trees at the car Wash.
*Won a trip to the Thunder hockey game, dropped the puck, and Makayla rode on the zambonie. (such a fun word to say)
*Saw Twilight New Moon at midnight with a group of friends all pretending we were 17 again.... late nights just aren't the same when you're almost 30 and own 2 small children.
*Gobble Gobble.... turkey day
*Jason's 10 year high school reunion and my high school reunion.... it seems like just yesterday that I was skipping class, doing cheers, and forging my parents signature. Has it been 10 years already???

December:
*Disneyland (don't act surprised when you read that, you had to see it coming.....)
*Jason's 29th b-day

And here we are. The middle of December. Probably the most busy I've been all year and I decide now would be a good idea to sit down and do some blogging. I hope no one fell asleep in the middle of this monstrous post, I nodded off only twice.... but I'm awake now and on a roll. Three cheers for blogging leading to the neglect of my children, husband, and home.

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME BACK!! So glad to hear what you've been up to. I feel like I missed out on all those months with you guys .. except for New Melones .. which was AWESOME. Having a baby makes me miss out on a lot of friend stuf .. but I guess it's worth it. =o) Miss you guys! Gotta get together. Tell Jason a late Happy Birthday from us. When are we going to do something? Maybe in 2010? =o)

    ReplyDelete