Thursday, March 12, 2009

26.2

Jason and I were lucky enough to go to Napa for a couple days - minus the kiddos.  What a nice idea, relaxing in one of the most beautiful country sides in California.  A perfect opportunity to dine, shop, and just spend some quality time together........ But no such luck!  We were actually there for Jason's first Marathon.  The trip was more like, check-ins, course studying, early to bed, even earlier to rise, waiting, waiting, and a whole lot of rain!!!!!!



Jason's good friend Kurt decided to join him in the craziness, so they ran together for the most part. (I envision hand holding and a little skipping)  



It turned out to be a pretty fun day, I was able to see Jason at the 16 mile mark and then again at the finish.  He did a great job, finishing in 3 hours and 47 minutes, a PR.  He came in 432 over all and 30th for his age group out of about 2400 runners. Not bad for a first timer.  And did I mention the rain.... It didn't stop, not once.  Needless to say, he was a little tired, kinda sore, and extremely wet at the end of it all.  I am very proud of him!  He's worked hard for this..... unlike his lazy wife, running and I just don't see eye to eye, so I'll leave that to him.  You can find me on the couch watching American Idol!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Jason! Wow! That's a whole lot more running in one day that I could ever think about doing. That stinks that it rained all day. (bad for you, I mean - standing out there waiting for him - having your hair get wet. How annoying) =o) You should have done some kind of day spa after that - you both needed it.

    ReplyDelete