Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another Milestone

A few weeks ago I realized something....... my daughter is now six years old and still has the training wheels on her bike!  This needed to change.  I took her out, stripped the bike of it's two extra wheels, and away we went.  Well sort of.  While she did an excellent job (I think I let go for a whole 30 seconds), we decided it may be best to try another time, when some of us were not so frustrated. That brings us to today.  Once again we pulled out the now two wheeled bike, and got down to the nitty gritty.  To my surprise, after about 30 seconds of me holding on (a complete opposite of our last try), she had it!!!  Makayla is officially free of her training wheels! Of coarse she had to run into the house to tell daddy, who came out to cheer her on, and be in ALL the pictures.  Umm, hello, was I not the one out here in 100 degree weather doing the "teaching"?  It was a great feeling of accomplishment for every one...... and of coarse it is all she wants to do now!  





3 comments:

  1. What a big girl! I still can't believe you have a 6 year old. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! GO MAKAYLA!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!! I'm so proud of her! Of course I'm tearing up! I hate missing these things! Tell her congrats and give her a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete