Monday, April 27, 2009

Santa Cruz

On Saturday we were able to spend the day in Santa Cruz with Mike and Melissa Parker (that was weird to write), and no kids!!  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go since I was sick the day before, but I made a miraculous recovery.  I guess the beach will do that to a person.

 We started our day in Capitola,  my most favorite place to be.  And a trip to Capitola would not be complete without shopping at Panache.  It's a local lotion and body store for those who aren't fortunate enough to know.  I stocked up on my fav, vanilla mango tango, and the boys even found something they enjoyed.  It's called Man Hands, pretty much just your average exfoliating scrub, but its the "manly" name that sold them.  Jason's new favorite phrase.... "feel how soft."  Sure babe, very "manly!"
The all day ride pass for the boardwalk..... now there's a story.  How is it that my husband always seems to be singled out as the one most likely to; buy a $30 all day ride pass for $10 from some shady character covered in who knows why tatoos behind a building  in cash only and watch out because there's a security guard watching.  Needless to say, we got a dang good deal and had a ton of fun.  Once we were sure we weren't being followed. :)




ummm, fighting while on the swing ride?? Your guess is as good as mine.  I think they might still be 12.




Oh the Shadowbrook restaurant.  If you have never been, go!  It's the most beautiful restaurant, and the food is always awesome. We go when ever we are in Capitola, usually covered in sun and sand, while the other dinners obviously got dressed for the occasion.   And no, the order of my pictures is not off.  We went to Capitola, the boardwalk, then back to Capitola.  What can I say, when there are no kids with us I tend to do crazy things. (ooh, so crazy)  Our day was so fun that we decided not to end it until 2:00 the next morning.... needless to say, Sunday was most definitely a nap day!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man my stomach hurts! I miss Santa Cruz and Capitola. And I miss you guys! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. of coarse you do Karen, and of coarse you are Misty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to hang out with Mike and Melissa. I was wondering whatt they've been up to. I haven't seen them forever. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete